Chris McCausland - The Comedian
Chris McCausland is a British stand-up comedian from Liverpool.
Chris has been performing stand-up since 2003 and is a regular face on British television.
He is an established favourite on such flagship comedy shows as Have I Got News for You, Would I Lie to You? , QI, The last Leg, and 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
He has appeared on Live at the Apollo three times, taking on the hosting duties in 2021, a year that also saw him make his highly acclaimed debut appearance on The Royal Variety Performance at The Royal Albert hall.
Chris has also appeared on entertainment favourites such as Blankety Blank and This is my house, along with celebrity editions of The Chase, Antiques Road Trip, and Mastermind – where he won with his chosen specialist subject of Pearl jam.
Chris has just had his own series commissioned for Channel 4, and will be off around the world to visit some of it’s wonders, and find out if there’s much more going on at them than just what they look like. Keep an eye out for this hitting your screens in the first half of 2023.
Meanwhile he is in the midst of a massive 130+ date national tour. that will culminate with a show at the legendary Shepherd’s Bush Empire in May 2023.
- Would I Lie to You? (BBC)
- Have I Got News for You (BBC).
- QI (BBC)
- Live at the Apollo (BBC)
- Blankety Blank (BBC)
- 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (Channel 4)
- The Last Leg (Channel 4)
- The Royal Variety Performance 2021 (ITV)
- This Is My House (BBC)
- I Literally Just Told You (Channel 4)
- Celebrity Antiques Road Trip (BBC)
- Funny Festival Live (BBC)
- Celebrity Mastermind (BBC)
- The Chase Celebrity Special (ITV)
- Paul Sinha’s TV Showdown (ITV)
- Hypothetical (Dave)
- Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled (Dave)
- Comedians Giving Lectures (Dave)
- Mel Giedroyc: Unforgivable (Dave)
- Rhod Gilbert’s Growing Pains (Comedy Central)
Chris is a regular voice on Radio 4 flagship shows such as The News Quiz and The Now Show.
In 2022 he piloted a brand new format for Radio 4 “You heard it here first,” which Chris devised and presented.